Proudly Serving Alberta
Real Estate Law Spruce in Grove
For most people in the Spruce Grove area, the buying or selling of property will be the single most important transaction of their lives. To make sure that every aspect of the transaction is above board and your best interests are protected, it’s worth your while to get experienced real estate lawyers to participate the in process. Even if you are an experienced buyer or seller, having a fresh set of eyes review the terms of sale is a huge asset.
No matter what experience level you have in real estate, someone who have a comprehensive understanding of real estate law is never a bad idea, particularly if the real estate lawyers you choose are members of the Verhaeghe Law Office team.
Our legal team has over 100 years of collective experience working both in and out of courtrooms with clients of all backgrounds and ages. Though we handle many different types of cases related to real estate law, when you choose Verhaeghe Law Office as your legal counsel, we guarantee to always bring the latest technology and the full brunt of our legal experience to make sure that you are getting the best possible deal.
Buyers and sellers in Spruce Grove know that the Verhaeghe Law Office legal team are the best option to fulfill any of their real estate legal needs because we always take the time to clearly explain the goings on of your file or case’s procedure so that you are up to date on any developments at all times. If you need real estate lawyers that are committed to working with you, call (587) 410-2500 today and let us know how we can help. The only thing we value more than you are getting the best deal possible is the building lasting relationships with our clients, so call us today if you want to be represented with confidence.
Our Real Estate Law Services
The real estate market is an integral piece of the Albertan way of life, which is why we have made real estate law a cornerstone of our firm. Some of the things we have proven to be adept at helping residents of Spruce Grove include:
- Completion and sale of agricultural, residential and commercial real estate.
- Handling of cashbacks and holdbacks.
- Preparation and execution of residential and commercial leases.
- Pursuit and execution of Surface Rights cases.
Certain real estate law firms in the Spruce Grove area tend to focus only on big commercial clients, but that’s not how we do things at Verhaeghe Law Office. We take a great deal of pride in helping regular people just like you. So, whether you are an individual or young couple looking to buy your first home or you are ready to downsize now that the kids have moved out, we are here to help you every step of the way.
Five Mistakes to Avoid When Purchasing Real Estate
As the premier real estate law firm in Spruce Grove, we at Verhaeghe Law Office have worked with a countless number of homeowners in the area in advance of them purchasing their dream home. This experience has provided invaluable insight and has meant that we have been able to impart only the most relevant legal advice to our residential clients in the area.
However, for all the positives that this has provided us, it has also led us to see, first-hand, many of the most common mistakes that homebuyers make when purchasing a home. With that in mind, here are five mistakes that should be avoided at all costs:
- When purchasing a home, it is important to remember that there is no obligation on a buyer to rush to put down a deposit. Far too often we have been contacted by a client who has been too eager to put a deposit down and, as a result, has been left in a bind about what to do next. At the Verhaeghe Law Office, we always recommend that our clients think about how long they plan on owning the home, what type of residential market their property is in and figuring out if there are any hidden terms and conditions that may affect the selling of the home down the line. By doing this, as well as creating a list of pros and cons well in advance, means that you should be far better informed as to whether a deposit is a good idea or not.
- Another mistake that we see far too often from some of the residential clients we work with in Spruce Grove is the decision to avoid an inspection simply to save $400. From a legal perspective, what you need to remember is that structural problems and other major repairs are not usually covered under a contract of sale. As such, it is vital that you don’t cut corners when it comes to your home’s inspection.
- One of the biggest errors we see, especially from first-time homebuyers, is a failure to educate themselves sufficiently on all the aspects of the purchasing process. At Verhaeghe Law Office, we make sure that all our clients are as informed as possible about all the lingo and terminology that comes with buying a home in Spruce Grove.
- When you are purchasing a home, always make sure to hire a lawyer who is working for you, and not for the property. At Verhaeghe Law Office, our priority is always you. When you hire us for your real estate needs you can rest assured that our allegiance will always be with you rather than with a developer. We would never get involved in this dangerous conflict of interest.
- Finally, one of the most common mistakes that we encounter is from purchasers in Spruce Grove who fail to read the actual terms of the sale agreement properly. This is obviously a mistake and one that can pose many problems for you down the line.
Contact Verhaeghe Law Office Today
No one should ever be blindsided by unknown charges or nasty surprises hidden in the fine print. If you agree, then let the team at Verhaeghe Law Office help you with all things real estate law when you call (587) 410-2500 today.
Going the Extra Mile
At Verhaeghe & Boisvert we’re known amongst our Spruce Grove clients for always being the team that goes the extra mile. In the case of real estate law, this means offering services that many other real estate lawyers are not interested in providing.
From start to finish, the Verhaeghe & Boisvert team is the team for you. Full-service means full-service. We understand that having to work with multiple companies is stressful, and so we provide everything, allowing you to take other companies out of the equation.
- Interim Financing
- Residential and Commercial Financing
- Rental and Leasing
- Subdivision-based Development and Zoning
That’s right—no matter what your role in the real estate process, we are here as your residential or commercial real estate lawyers. One of the top-rated property law offices in Spruce Grove, we’ve been helping clients from all walks of life for over 19 years.
Diligent, courteous, and highly professional, at Verhaeghe & Boisvert, we’re the real estate lawyers that work for you.
Experts in Property Law
With an educated and experienced team of nine dedicated real estate lawyers holding over 100 years of combined experience, we know what we’re doing when it comes to real estate law.
Buying or selling property is a big decision, and a big job to execute. Whether you believe you have the skills to complete a deal successfully on your own or not, it’s important to have a real estate lawyer at your disposal.
Not only do we have the background to push through any project flawlessly, but we’ll save you the stress of handing it all on top of everything else in your busy schedule.
At Verhaeghe & Boisvert, we’ll do the searches required to confirm outstanding property taxes or utilities, communicate with mortgage companies, look into outstanding work orders or building permits, and obtain land transfer tax money. Any insurance or property issues that may come up, we’ll have handled before you even know about them.
Don’t get stuck with a property that will quickly become a money-sink, and don’t get cheated in the sale of a property when you work with a residential and commercial real estate lawyer in Spruce Grove.
Always Available to Help
Every member of the Verhaeghe & Boisvert family put clients first. It’s our duty to help you in legal situations, and help you effectively.
For long-term results at competitive pricing, from a team that really cares, give us a call today for all of your real estate law needs.
PHONE: (587) 410-2500 to contact one of our Divorce and Family Law Lawyers