5 Things To Do Following A Car Accident in Alberta
Hopefully you never have to refer to this blog article. But in the unfortunate event that you are involved in a car accident one day – we have made a list of what you need to do immediately following a car accident in Alberta. If you or a loved one have sustained injuries in a car accident – contact our Edmonton injury lawyers today for a free consultation. We may be able to help recover money on your behalf if you are eligible. In the meanwhile – please read our article.
Here are 5 things to do following a car accident:
- Call 911: It is important to have police and ambulance arrive at the scene in case people are injured or damages have been sustained. The police will outline the details of the accident in the police report and you will need to obtain a copy of the police report as you will need it when filing a claim with the insurance company.
- Take pictures of the area if it’s safe to do so: Look around you and make sure that it’s safe to leave your car. Be mindful when getting out of your car and make sure that you are out of danger’s way. When and only if it’s safe to do so – take as many pictures of the accident scene as possible.
- Obtain contact information of witnesses and all those involved: When it’s safe to do so make sure you obtain the name, phone number, license plate, address and other relevant contact information of all those involved in the accident as well as any potential witnesses who may have witnessed the accident.
- Obtain insurance information of all those involved in the accident: Ensure you also have a picture or have written down details of the insurance policies of those involved in the accident. You will need to provide your insurance information to others involved in the accident as well.
- Contact a car accident lawyer: After letting your insurer know that you have been involved in a car accident, we recommend you contact a personal injury lawyer or car accident lawyer who is experienced in handling car accident claims in Alberta. In Alberta, most personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency basis meaning you don’t pay anything unless they are able to successfully recover money for you on your behalf.
Contact Verhaeghe Law Office now for a FREE consultation with an Alberta car accident lawyer
Call 587-410-2500 to schedule a free consultation with an Alberta injury lawyer from Verhaeghe Law Office. We can conveniently represent clients across Alberta as we have three offices located in Edmonton, Whitecourt and Athabasca. We are proud to represent Albertans with their car accident claims and have developed a reputation for treating our clients like family.
Contact us now for a free consultation and remember you don’t pay anything unless we win.
Disclaimer: Please note this article is intended to act as a general overview on a topic and is not intended to act as legal advice. In order to obtain legal advice – you need to have signed a retainer agreement with us and have acknowledged and established a client-lawyer relationship with us. For independent legal advice please consult with an injury lawyer who is licensed to practice in Alberta.