Proudly Serving Alberta
Civil Litigation Lawyer in Grande Prairie
If you’re looking to find a civil litigation lawyer, odds are you’re dealing with a tough scenario. We at Verhaeghe Law Office empathize with your scenario.
Ultimately, when it comes down to it, all civil lawsuits come down to a critical breakdown in communications and the relationship between two or more persons, whether that means a romantic relationship, a business partnership, or an agreement between multiple parties.
If you’re in that position, whether you are the recipient of a civil lawsuit or are thinking of filing a civil claim yourself, we’re sorry. We at Verhaeghe Law Office are sure every alternative has been exhausted, and that’s why you now need the services of a civil litigation lawyer. But rest assured that you’ve reached the website of one of the most fearsome civil litigation teams in all of Alberta.
Filing A Civil Suit? Find a Lawyer to Represent Your Interests
If you’re looking to file a civil suit in the province of Alberta, you should know that there are a number of steps you will need to take. It’s best to seek legal advice before a lawsuit is brought before the Provincial Court office. Your lawyer with Verhaeghe Law Office will ask you a long list of questions in an initial meeting. We’ll introduce you to our support staff. And we’ll get to the root of the matter on the following crucial pieces of information:
- What are you needing to sue for? Is the matter better handled by the criminal justice system?
- Have you documented all your interactions with the individual or parties involved? Can you establish a timeline of when the other parties acted or failed to act, depending on the circumstance?
- Has every alternative course of action been sought rather than jumping to a lawsuit?
- Are you eligible to sue for this issue in the province of Alberta?
- What amount will you be suing for?
- Is the issue within the statute of limitations?
If your planned suit meets all the requirements, we will advise you on the best plan going forward. We pride ourselves on our responsive and results-oriented approach to law.
When Should I File a Civil Claim?
Talking to a qualified lawyer is the best way to determine the answer to this question. Civil law in Canada is a wide-ranging topic. But we have represented clients in Grande Prairie for the following issues:
- Breach of contract, contract negotiations, and labour law violations including wrongful dismissal
- Intellectual property, non-disclosure agreement violations
- Libel, slander, and defamation
- Child support agreement breaches and custody
Alberta’s Most Trusted Name in Civil Litigation
Verhaeghe Law Office has been the go-to choice for Grande Prairie residents seeking justice for over 20 years. We are the most experienced team in the region and are conveniently located in West Edmonton in a physically accessible office. If you’d like to meet to discuss the possibility of representation, give us a call. We’re happy to listen to your situation and to let you know whether we’re able to represent you. Call us today!