Proudly Serving Alberta
Edmonton Franchise Lawyer
At Verhaeghe Law Office – our Edmonton franchise lawyers have assisted numerous clients across Alberta with franchise and franchising law matters. While we have offices in Edmonton, Athabasca and Whitecourt – our lawyers can assist clients with their franchise legal matters across Alberta. Call us today and speak with one of our Edmonton franchise lawyers today by dialing (587) 410-2500 .
In Alberta – the Franchises Act and Franchises Regulation outline the franchisor’s responsibility to disclose information. There are also legal options available when rules and responsibilities are not followed – especially with respect to franchise fraud. Having a franchise lawyer assist you through these transactions can be very beneficial and ultimately save you money in the long run.
Why Hire An Edmonton Franchise Lawyer
It is important that you consult with a franchise lawyer prior to embarking on any franchise ventures (whether you are the franchisee or franchisor) so that you are fully aware of all the legalities and fiduciary duties that are involved. Additionally, the volume of paperwork that needs to be reviewed in any franchise transaction can be overwhelming and perplexing from a legal standpoint. Having a lawyer assist in the due diligence process ensures that you will have a skilled legal professional advise on important points that you may or may not miss. Additionally, there are many costs associated in buying or selling a franchise and it’s important for you to understand these costs prior to embarking on any new franchise venture. Franchise lawyers can assist both franchisors and franchisees in a variety of way. Below are a few ways that a franchise lawyer can assist in transactions involving franchises.
How our Edmonton Franchise Lawyers Can Assist Franchisors
- Franchise legal reviews, opinions and advice
- Franchise Incorporations
- Franchise agreements
- Franchise disclosure documents
- Franchise lease agreements
- Franchise employment agreements
- Franchise non-disclosure agreements
- Franchise consulting agreements
- Franchise financing agreements
- Franchise area development agreements
- Franchise guarantee and indemnity agreements
- Any other legal documents and advice required for franchisors
How our Edmonton Franchise Lawyers Can Assist Franchisees
- Franchise legal reviews, opinions and advise
- Review and advise on franchise agreement
- Review and advise on franchise disclosure agreements
- Review and advise on franchise lease agreements and other real estate agreements
- Review and advise on franchise financing agreements
- Oversee and handle the purchase/sale of a franchise
- Any other legal documents and advise required for franchisees
Speak with an Edmonton Franchise Lawyer
Whether you are a franchisor or franchisee and are interested in owning, operating, selling, buying or starting a new franchise operation – contact our Edmonton law firm today and speak directly with a franchise lawyer. Our Edmonton franchise lawyers are very familiar with franchising law and have acted on behalf of both franchisees and franchisors.
We are conveniently located in the Mayfield Business Centre at 10525 170 Street, Suite 203 in Edmonton Alberta. Contact our franchise legal team and book a consultation by dialing (587) 410-2500 .
For more information on Alberta franchises click here:https://open.alberta.ca/publications/franchises-in-alberta
Disclaimer: Please note this content is only intended to guide readers on basic franchise information in Alberta. It is not intended to serve as legal advice. For legal advice regarding your unique franchising law situation contact our law firm and retain one of our Edmonton franchise lawyers for specific legal assistance.