Serving All of Alberta
Real Estate Lawyer in Edmonton
Whether this is your first foray into the real estate market, or if you are an experienced buyer or seller, it is important to have a lawyer who is experienced, and knowledgeable in local real estate markets. At Verhaeghe Law Office, prospective property buyers and sellers in Edmonton have a law office that is able to offer comprehensive real estate law services. Our legal professionals are aware of how difficult and strenuous real estate projects can be, and so we endeavor to make each scenario as simple as possible for every one of our clients.
Call us at (587) 410-2500 today for a free initial consultation.
Our Real Estate Law Services
As Albertans, we know how integral the real estate market is to our province and so we have built our practice around that cornerstone. Because of this mindset, our team is incredibly adept at handling Alberta real estate cases of all types including:
- Completion and sale of agricultural, residential, commercial real estate
- Completion and implementation of condominium paperwork
- Handling of cashbacks and holdbacks
- Preparation and execution of residential and commercial leases
- Pursuit and execution of Surface Rights cases
We handle all types of property law and real estate law. Whatever your situation is, you can trust that we’ll give you the expert advice you need to get the resolution you want.
What Makes Us Different
When it comes to real estate, it’s always vital to have a competitive edge. Whether you are buying your first home or selling your tenth, it stands to reason that you will want to get the best deal possible. Choosing Verhaeghe Law Office provides you with a superior real estate law service that will make all the difference when all is said and done. Our vast real estate experience combined with our unrivalled attention to detail means that there is no challenge too big or task too small for our highly motivated team of real estate legal specialists. We work tirelessly so that you receive a thorough and customized legal service that guarantees everything is in order. What’s more, we do so in an accurate and efficient manner, so that your stress is removed completely. If you are looking for a law firm that has real estate expertise and will go the extra mile for you, then you need to look no further than Verhaeghe Law Office.
The Competitive Advantage of Our Realty Law Office
- Customer-Focused Service—We strive to meet the individual needs of our customers. We combine a personalized approach with a caring, sympathetic attitude to ensure that each of our clients gets the care and attention their case deserves. When you talk, we listen. And we listen to every detail of your situation. That way, we can tailor our advice and give you the best guidance possible.
- Results-Oriented Approach—Our law firm utilizes time-tested legal strategies to provide real, reliable results. We’re not here to give you the most natural solution—we’re here to provide you with the best solution. With us by your side, you know you’ve got a legal team who will protect your rights, defend your interests, and give you the best chance at a successful resolution to your case.
- Superior Communication—We’re available via text, email, mail, phone, and in-person conversation. We utilize a range of communication methods to ensure that our clients have important information accessible and readily available. Our staff also makes sure that all communication is clear, concise, and easy for anyone to understand.
- An Excellent Record of Success—With decades of experience, we’ve established ourselves as the leading law firm in the Edmonton area. We possess an impeccable record of success, helping our customers get the best resolution to their case possible. In disputes, we use tenacious negotiation strategies to open the path for a settlement in our clients’ favor. And if all else fails and your case goes to trial, we’ll be there to provide expert representation. With our years of courtroom experience, you stand the best chance at reaching a swift and successful conclusion for your case.
- Technological Innovation—We are eternally learning about new developments so that we can stay at the cutting edge of our profession. Our legal team utilizes the latest tools in technology to improve our communication, advance our research, and make our services more easily accessible. When it comes to innovation, we set the bar high for other firms to follow suit.
A Welcoming Property Law Firm Open to All
We provide a welcoming, non-judgmental environment for all those who need to navigate the laws on property and real estate. Our initial advice is free, non-biased, and open to all. Regardless of your circumstances, we’ll provide an objective perspective on your case so that you know your options.
We treat all cases with due care and compassion. If your case is sensitive, you can count on us to be there for you in your time of need.
Your Confidentiality, Our PriorityWe handle all cases in strict confidence with our clients. We maintain a rigorous set of security procedures to ensure that all personal information remains safe and free from any data leaks. With us, you can rest assured that your information will never be shared beyond the four walls of our office.
No Job Too Big or Small for Us
For some real estate law firms in Edmonton, there is a tendency to focus on bigger and more commercial clients at the expense of individual residential customers. This is not how we do things at Verhaeghe Law Office. We take immense pride in the wide range of legal services that we offer to our clients from across Edmonton. In fact, truth be told, we take just as much pleasure helping an individual or young couple buy their first home as we do in closing high-end condominium deals. It is this desire to offer the optimal legal service possible to all our clients that separates us from other law firms in the city. When you contact us, you can rest assured knowing that you are in the safest hands possible.
Anyone who has bought a house or condo in Edmonton can attest to how amazing it feels, especially as a first-time buyer. Many Edmonton individuals, couples and families sacrifice a lot to purchase their first home so it stands to reason that there is an understandable sense of excitement from actually sealing the deal. However, it is important that all this hard work isn’t undone by taking shortcuts at the very end with the real estate lawyer you choose. At Verhaeghe Law Office we are here to ensure that you fully understand the legal rights and obligations that you have agreed to through purchasing your new home. If you’re about to buy a property, particularly if you are a first-time homeowner, then we recommend having the terms of the contract looked over by a member of our team. With our legal team’s wealth of experience on your side you can rest assured knowing that all necessary checks will be undertaken—including ensuring that the person selling the property is the registered owner as well as transferring billing information to the relevant utility companies and taking care of any other relevant administrative tasks.
The Real Estate Experts
Buying or selling any property is a big decision, and at Verhaeghe Law Office we know how stressful that can be. That is why we use our experience to provide each of our clients with the smoothest real estate transactions possible. Whether a first time buyer, or experienced realtor, we work hand in hand with clients to provide them with peace of mind. From due diligence to advisory roles, at Verhaeghe Law Office, there is no aspect of real estate law that we are unfamiliar with. With over 100 years of combined experience, our experience speaks for itself. Don’t take chances with substandard law firms when the number one team in Edmonton is right here at your doorstep.
Put your faith in our tried and true legal team, call Verhaeghe Law Office today.
Other Services We Offer
Our wide range of additional real estate law services, include interim, commercial and residential financing and refinancing, rental and leasing, and subdivision-based development and zoning. By offering these, we have made ourselves available to assist you with the full real estate process, never leaving you to fend for yourself or find another company for representation.
At Verhaeghe Law Office we pride ourselves on being able to help one client from start to finish.
Interim financing can mean the difference between completing a transaction or not. It will cover the purchasing price of your new home, while you wait for funds from the sale of the old one. Having a real estate lawyer that is capable of facilitating this process is appreciated by all homeowners!
Residential and Commercial Financing
What’s the difference between the two? As a residential owner, you are the main focus, with property coming second. In commercial, property comes first. At Verhaeghe Law Office we’re well versed in the differences and prepared to help you with either.
Rental and Leasing
Renting and leasing both involves contractual obligations, which you should always get your real estate lawyer to look over. Being aware of residential tenancy agreements and terms are important. Let us read the fine print so you don’t have to.
Subdivision-based Development and Zoning
Subdivisions can be a tricky business. You will be dealing with the act of dividing land into pieces, developing each and selling properties to prospective buyers. Employing a property lawyer to make sure everything goes smoothly will make your life a whole lot easier!
Full-Service Real Estate Lawyers
Verhaeghe Law Office are your full-service Edmonton experts in real estate law! Employ our dedicated real estate lawyers to handle every aspect of your residential or commercial purchase or sale.
Putting the utmost priority in supporting and representing the community, we will take any case and work tirelessly on your behalf.
A call to Verhaeghe Law Office is a call in the right direction. We understand that the need for a lawyer isn’t always planned, and so our focus on customer support will have you speaking with someone immediately no matter when you contact us.
From start to end, we’re here to make the fine-print-filled world of real estate just that much easier so you can enjoy your new property to its fullest.
Commercial Real Estate Law
As we have already touched on, real estate transactions are very complex because they can involve developers, buyers, sellers, tenants and lenders all vying for their best interests no matter what it takes. While this is definitely prevalent in any residential real estate transaction, it almost worse in commercial real estate transactions.
While we have yet to encounter a low-stakes real estate transaction, the stakes of a commercial real estate transactions tend to be a little higher than their residential counterparts because there is always the possibility that you may have to dissolve your business if you do not have the proper licenses, zoning law compliances, etc.
There are a number of specifics that develop in a commercial real estate transaction in Alberta that differ from the usual residential real estate. As a result, our lawyers have received the necessary training to provide the best possible commercial real estate legal services. We can handle transactions from small $50,000 commercial buildings to refinancing worth several millions of dollars. There is no job too big or too small for our commercial real estate lawyers. Just give us a call at (587) 410-2500 and let us know how we can help today.
Negotiating and Drafting Real Estate Contracts
You should never sign a commercial real estate contract without letting our legal team review it on your behalf. Our mission is to make sure that you are getting the best possible deal at all times. We can even negotiate existing commercial real estate contracts. No matter what your contract status is, let us take a look and make sure everything is above board and that you and your organization isn’t getting taken advantage of.
Commercial Real Estate Litigation
Though we always do whatever we can to keep things out of the courtroom, the fact of the matter is that commercial real estate transactions don’t always go according to plan and when that happens we are willing to fight for your rights. As a full-service real estate law firm, the Verhaeghe Law Office team has all your commercial real estate litigation needs covered. When you are backed by some of the most experienced real estate law experts in the Edmonton area, you can confidently proceed with getting your business on track since you will be supported with the best advice every step of the way.
Using a multi-faceted approach to every single one of our commercial real estate cases, we have helped many Edmonton business owners settle their disputes and carry on with making their business a proud part of the community.
Four Reasons Why a Real Estate Lawyer is a Must When Buying or Selling Property
Whether you are looking to buy or sell property in Edmonton, the fact of the matter is that enlisting the services of a tried and trusted real estate lawyer is something that you really need to do. For far too long, residents associated real estate legal professionals exclusively with commercial properties. However, the fact of the matter is that lawyers can be just as useful when it comes to residential property purchases and sales and, as a result, they need to be considered very closely. At Verhaeghe Law Office, we are extremely proud of the high-quality real estate service we offer, and we will stop at nothing in the pursuit of perfection for your purchasing or selling needs. With that in mind, here are four reasons why enlisting the services of a real estate lawyer is an absolute must if you are contemplating buying or selling property in Edmonton:
- Make Sure Your Rights are Protected: The reality is that while most people are aware of some of their rights when it comes to buying and selling property, very few are aware of all of them. However, when you enlist our tried and trusted real estate service, you can rest assured that you will be made aware of every right you are entitled to, as well as every legal responsibility that you need to adhere to. Our experienced team of lawyers knows every aspect of real estate law and will make sure that you receive detailed counsel that will give you the best chance of succeeding. And you don’t need us to tell you that this will be a massive weight off your shoulders.
- We Understand Property Law: As your real estate lawyer, we will make you aware of all the title searches that you need to carry out to ensure that the sale of your property is as pain-free and efficient as possible. We also know all of the legal documents that have to be collected, completed, signed and submitted on time. This is a massive undertaking for most people and a huge learning curve, which isn’t necessary if you enlist the services of a lawyer.
- Money-Saving: It may not seem like it right now, but the reality of the situation is that enlisting the services of a tried and trusted real estate lawyer can actually end up saving you money in the long-term. The reason for this is simple. In cases like this, having a dedicated real estate lawyer on your side is invaluable as it can help you transition through this difficult negotiating period.
- Tracking of the Settlement Process: Finally, by enlisting the services of a real estate lawyer, you can be guaranteed that every aspect of the buying or selling process will be tracked every step of the way. This peace of mind matters so much and can make all the difference as the sale progresses.
Contact Us Today
Whether you are in the middle of a residential dispute or are looking at signing a new lease on a commercial space, it’s always a good idea to get in touch with the real estate law experts at Verhaeghe Law Office to make sure that your rights and best interests are being looked out for. Call (587) 410-2500 to tell us about your situation and we’ll figure out the best way to proceed.
Agricultural Real Estate Law
When it comes to real estate law, agricultural real estate stands apart from your typical urban commercial and residential properties. A property that is used for the production of one or more agricultural commodities or a residence that does the same in a rural area counts as an agricultural property by law and must be treated as such when it comes to zoning, buying, and selling.
With the zoning bylaw changes allowing for more urban agriculture and local food production in 2016, agricultural real estate law is expanding from rural Alberta into urban Edmonton. Depending on the scope of your business you may have to go through some changes to your property, taxes, etc., and Verhaeghe Law Office is here to help you as you go.
From the buying and selling of property, to mortgages and loans, as well as successions within the farming industry, we’ve got all our bases covered. So, whether you’re just getting into the industry on the small or large scale, or have been raised in it all your life, you can maintain the best and most affordable options for your property.
With the amount of laws that govern farmland in Edmonton and Alberta, it can be tough for farmers no matter how experienced they are in their industry to figure out exactly where they stand. At Verhaeghe Law Office we’re aware of all mandatory requirements as well as programs, credits, and subsidies that may be available to help with your business.
Purchasing farmland and starting a business is a lot more difficult than finding your ideal farmland for sale. And, when it comes to financing your business you’ll want to be aware of all your available financial resources or you’ll find yourself having a very tough time keeping track of everything that’s on your plate!
The dream of running your own farm isn’t very far off when you work with the real estate lawyers at Verhaeghe Law Office to get things done properly.
Sowing the Seeds of Your Future
Owning a farm is a lot more than owning a home or a business. It’s both, and then some! When you start eyeing that picturesque farmland for sale, you’ve got to think beyond the dream of waking up with the rooster and going out to harvest vegetables and tend to the cows.
If you’re already the owner of an agricultural property, moving on to a different career or retiring and passing your legacy on to your children requires the same amount of careful thought and professional assistance.
By working with Edmonton’s professional real estate lawyers at Verhaeghe Law Office, we can help you sow the seeds of your future with as few bumps along the road as possible.
PHONE: (587) 410-2500 to contact one of our Lawyers