Edmonton Estate Administration Lawyers
At Verhaeghe Law Office – our law firm has provided legal assistance to Albertans with all their estate administration needs since our firm’s inception. Whether our clients need assistance with estate planning, estate administration or dispute resolution – our estate administration lawyers can help. Dealing with your loved one’s estate after they have passed on is not always an easy matter especially when there are overwhelming emotions and grief to deal with. An estate administration lawyer can be beneficial to both beneficiaries of an estate as well as the appointed executor(s) of the estate and provide catered legal solutions to ensure the estate is administered properly. In some cases – disputes may arise as well as the need for litigation. Which is why we recommend hiring an estate administration lawyer to ensure everyone’s rights and best interests are protected.
How can our Edmonton Estate Administration Lawyers help with estate administration matters?
Our Edmonton estate administration lawyers can assist on a wide array of estate administration matters including but not limited to:
- Estate fiduciary duties and accounting
- Passing of accounts
- Probate applications
- Assisting estate trustees and representatives with compiling an exhaustive list of all estate assets and detailed inventory
- The identification and valuation of all assets
- Tax and financial professional consultations in the administration of the estate when needed
- Administering the estate
- Delegating responsibilities to the appropriate representatives of the estate
- Settling the estate
- Preparing court probate applications
- Domestic and cross border compliance matters
- Identifying appointment executor(s)
- Dealing with creditors and discharging the debts of the estate
- Distributing the balance to beneficiaries of the estate
- Preparing and distributing estate accounts, guardianship accounts and lawyer accounts
- Dealing with all correspondence and court documents (if applicable)
- Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustees if there is no will
- Help guide the executor in executing all matters of the estate legally
What happens if there is no will?
An Edmonton estate administration lawyer will assist with ensuring someone is appointed by the court to manage the estate if no will is present. This is generally a surviving spouse or close relative. If there are no relatives – other people may be eligible if they were close to the deceased and an estate administration lawyer can help with this process by applying to the court for a Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee. Contact our Edmonton estate administration lawyers today for a consultation if you require assistance with this.
Contact our Edmonton Estate Administration Lawyers today
If you require legal assistance from an Edmonton estate administration lawyer – contact our law firm today to book a consultation with a member of our legal team. We will review the details of your case and advise you on how we can assist you with your estate administration legal matters. No matter how small or complex your estate is – our lawyers can help. Our lawyers are highly responsive and will ensure you have a deep understanding of your needs and obligations if you have been tasked with administering an estate. Additionally – if you are looking to plan your estate or dispute an estate - contact our lawyers for legal assistance with this as well.
You can book a consultation by live chatting with us, filling out an online consultation request or calling us by dialing 587-410-2500.