Proudly Serving Alberta
Edmonton Accident Lawyer
Accidents happen all the time – but luckily legal recourse and restitution may be available for accident victims. At Verhaeghe Law Office – our Edmonton accident lawyers can represent accident victims from all over Alberta. With offices in Whitecourt, Athabasca and Edmonton – we are equipped and able to represent accident victims across Alberta no matter what part of Alberta you reside in (thanks to technology).
Why hire Verhaeghe Law Office’s Edmonton Accident Lawyer?
Just take a moment to view our Google reviews profile. You will notice we have many five-star reviews and have a reputation for excellent customer service which we make a priority here at Verhaeghe Law Office. Our client’s best interests always come first – and we take pride in having a reputation for this. In addition to our excellent customer service- our Edmonton accident lawyers ensure they stand by their clients from start to finish in any insurance claim case. We keep our clients informed throughout the course of their case and get back to our client inquiries in a timely fashion. Contact us today for a free consultation with an Edmonton accident lawyer and let us put our experience to work for you.
What type of compensation are you potentially eligible for?
Accident victims may be eligible for different types of compensation depending on how extensive their injuries are, what type of insurance policy they have as well as who was at fault for the injuries. Here are some examples of the types of compensation that may be available for accident victims:
- Housekeeping losses: You may be entitled for compensation if you are unable to maintain housekeeping chores such as yard maintenance or other tasks that aggravate your injuries. This compensation may be available for the rest of your life depending on how extensive your injuries are. These costs are intended to hire people to do chores for you that you can no longer perform on your own.
- Pain and suffering: Taking things into consideration such as your health, your pain levels and the activities you can no longer perform anymore – compensation may be available for your pain and suffering. Additionally, you may be eligible for compensation for your emotional health and more as a result of your pain and suffering.
- Out of pocket expenses: Compensation may be available for things you have spent due to the accident such as purchase of medical accessories and treatments, parking expenses to see health care professionals, medication, medical care, etc. and more. Ensure you keep all your receipts.
- Loss of employment or business income: If you have to take time off of work or out of your business to deal with your injuries or pain – you may be eligible for compensation for the losses that resulted from taking this time off. An accident lawyer will be able to help build a case for these types of damages if you qualify.
- Future medical care: You may also be entitled to compensation for all medical care you require for the rest of your life as a result of the accident. Again, this is something your accident lawyer can help with if you qualify.
While this list is not exhaustive – we recommend you contact our Edmonton accident lawyers for more information on how our law firm can help.
What does a lawsuit typically look like in an accident claim?
If the insurance companies make it difficult to settle– our Edmonton accident lawyers will coordinate and attend court proceedings on your behalf. All lawsuits in Alberta first start with a Statement of Claim. You may expect additional legal proceedings such as examination for discovery, gathering evidence including medical records, receipts, expert witness opinions and more. Your case may also go to mediation where a settlement meeting with a mediator may be an option. Lastly, if the case doesn’t settle out of court you may be required to have your case go to trial. Regardless of the route your Edmonton accident lawyer wishes to pursue – our lawyers will ensure we keep your legal rights and best interests as a priority throughout your case and guide you on the options that will benefit you the most.
Types of claims an Edmonton Accident Lawyer Can Help With
- Car accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Recreational vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Snowmobile accidents
- ATV accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Automated vehicle accidents
- Accident benefits accidents
- And more
Contact our law firm and speak with an Edmonton accident lawyer for a free consultation
If you or a loved one have been injured – contact our personal injury law firm today for a free initial consultation and speak with a member of our legal team. We can represent clients from all over Alberta. Call 587-410-2500 today for a free consultation to see if you may be eligible for compensation.