Family Lawyer in Morinville
Few things are as misunderstood in the legal world as family law. Every province and every government has its own way of doing things, and what might seem like common sense to the layperson isn’t necessarily what you’ll find in a court before a judge.
The problem? In family law, the well-being of children and the rights of parents are at stake. So getting the job done right is more crucial than ever.
When you’re dealing with a child custody negotiation or a difficult divorce mediation, it’s important to find a partner you can trust. Verhaeghe Law Office has provided top-quality family law counsel and representation to hundreds of clients in and around Morinville and the greater Edmonton region.
Why Do I Need a Family Lawyer?
When your co-parent isn’t holding up their end of the bargain, or you’ve been named the executor of a loved one’s estate and don’t have any idea where to start on fulfilling your executor duties, it’s important that you seek the help of someone qualified to navigate the complicated world of Albertan family law.
Whether you’re looking to legally end your marriage or common-law relationship that hasn’t been working, or you aren’t getting to see your child as often as you believe you are entitled to, a family lawyer can help you navigate some of life’s more complicated and delicate scenarios. Turn to the experienced family lawyers for help with the following:
- Help to fulfill a family member’s last wishes as their legal executor
- Challenging the distribution of an existing estate in a way that is unfair or biased
- Inaccurate wills that you believe do not represent the true last wishes of a loved one due to age or poor health
- Obtaining power of attorney for a loved one to manage their affairs when they no longer can themselves
- Negotiating a new or existing child custody agreement
- Seeking partial, joint, shared or sole custody for your children
- Help with recovering owed child support or alimony payments
- Disputing unfair or excessive alimony or child support payments
- Help setting up ‘living wills’, or legal instructions for care of your children in the event of an accident
As you can see, a family lawyer deals with areas of the law that are meant to protect the rights and freedoms of individuals and their loved ones. There are a wide variety of applications for laws that can be some of the most confusing in the entire Canadian court system.
You’re Not Alone
Verhaeghe Law Office has a full-service law office located in West Edmonton, but we serve clients all over this vast province. And with our founding partner’s 20 years of experience and hand-selected team, Verhaeghe Law Office is proud to provide all Morinville residents secure and professional legal services.
While we cannot provide free legal advice in family law due to conflict-of-interest regulations, we’re happy to sit down and hear your story. If you retain a lawyer from Verhaeghe Law Office, you can rest easy knowing that you’ve received the absolute best representation in the province. Call us today to learn more.